Upcoming EventsView More Events
Engagement Day 2023
EGRU staff and students invited industry, government, and research colleagues to join them for EGRU’s Engagement Day on Friday 3rd of November.
The Engagement Day was an opportunity for EGRU to provide updates on its research and training initiatives, to hear from our industry and research colleagues, and to discuss future directions for EGRU’s activities.
There were presentations from EGRU’s industry members and research staff, and time for informal discussions during lunch and the social event after the presentations. Presentations focused on new research, concepts and technologies that may contribute to future directions in exploration. A poster display also provided an overview of recent and current EGRU research projects.
This was a free event with lunch and a social hour at the conclusion of the talks where EGRU staff and students were able to catch up with colleagues.
- Ned Howard (Evolution Mining) Geochemistry, Exploration and Research.
- Andrew Job (Plotlogic) Applications of VNIR
- /SWIR material characterisation across all stag
es of the mining life cycle.
- Lauren Waszek (EGRU, JCU Physical Sciences) Analysis of seismic lines using deep Earth methodologies.
- Bithin Datta (JCU Engineering) Modelling, monitoring and detecting groundwater flow and contaminant transport at mine sites with possible extension to other mining applications.
- Ioan Sanislav (EGRU) EGRU research and training update and introducing the Critical Minerals Trailblazer Project.
Please direct any enquiries to Amanda Nulty